Somatic Movement, Costume & Performance
- Dean, S. E. (forthcoming in 2020), ‘Poetic Materiality: Encounters between Skinner Releasing Technique, Somatic Costume and Performance’, in M. Emslie (ed), Skinner Releasing Technique Emerging Narratives, Triarchy Press.
- Dean, S. E. (forthcoming in 2020), ‘Wearing Research: a somatic costume design performance methodology’, in S. Pantouvaki and P. McNeil (eds), Performance Costume: New Perspectives, Bloomsbury Press.
- Dean, S. E., Galanter, M., Kiara, L., Nathanielsz, J. (2020), ´An Image That’s Alive: Conversation on the image worlds of Skinner Releasing Technique and Amerta Movement´, Contact Quarterly, 45:1, pp. 44-50.
- Dean, S. E. (2019), ´Somatic Costumes: from Choreography to Socio-political acts´, In Dance magazine, San Francisco, Issue Jan/Feb. https://dancersgroup.org/2019/02/somatic-costumes-from-choreography-to-socio-political-acts/
- Dean, S. E. (2019), ´Somatic Costumes: A Teaching Resource and Performance Generator´, Contact Quarterly, 44:2, pp. 33-37. https://contactquarterly.com/cq/back-issues/index.php#contents
- Dean, S. E. (2016), ‘Where is the body in the costume design process?’, Studies in Costume & Performance, 1: 1, pp. 87–101. Download PDF here
- Dean, S. E. (2015), ‘Amerta Movement & Somatic Costume: Gateways into Environment’, in S. Whatley, N. Garrett-Brown and K. Alexander (eds), Attending to Movement: Somatic Perspectives on Living in this World, Axminster: Triarchy Press, pp. 155-180. https://www.triarchypress.net/attending-to-movement.html
- Dean, S. E. (2014), ‘Somatic costumesTM: Traversing multi-sensorial landscapes’, Scene 2: 1+2, pp. 81-87. Download PDF here
- Dean, S. E. (2014), ‘Amerta Movement & Somatic Costume: Sourcing the Ecological Image’, in: K. Bloom, M. Galanter and S. Reeve (eds), Embodied Lives: Reflections on the Influence of Suprapto Suryodarmo and Amerta Movement, Axminster: Triarchy Press, pp. 113-126. Download PDF here
- Dean, S. E. (2011), ‘Somatic movement and costume: A practical, investigative project’, Journal of Dance & Somatic Practices 3: 1+2, pp. 167-182. Download PDF here